Friday, October 3, 2008

Party!!!


So we had a party last weeked for Norte. it was really special for my family and I to be able to host a party for our new church family. it has been really neat to begin to call these people family, but we have made some great friends.
We are a wild bunch. We had dogs, burgers, and my new favorite,Bool kogi
(thats Korean BBQ). We also had a jumper (bounce House for you on the east coast), and a pinata (do i have to explain that one?) Nicole had so much fun that she had to sit down and ice her head. I guess she got into a game of dodgeball and did a header into a garbage bin. She's o.k.
it was also neat to be able to get some fringe church people to feel like part of the family. I have to say that this party served as a pick me up for me. I must admit, ministry is hard. it can be stressful waiting, hoping, and praying that the "baby" that you are nursing continues to grow and mature.
God has been so faithful in this whole thing. i do not understand why i get to do this. Why i have been entrusted with the care of these people, but i thank God for His power, His faithfulness and His patience with me.

No comments: