Monday, May 19, 2008

I hate this thought

I have read it and i have said it. I probably shouldn't say it out loud though.
It is inevitable, but some of the people that are helping me with this church plant will not be an active part of the church in a few years. I'm not talking visitors. I am talking about people invested in the mission. I hate to think of it.
I have been blessed to meet some really cool people that God has just brought to help out as we get started. Only God knows how long they will stay. These people may just stick around as the church grows and others may stay for a long time. I guess it helps to have experienced this in the past, but now that this is "my church." it brings a whole new meaning to it. I have actually been told by my wife to stop saying it because it involve someone that she has grown very fond of.
In the end God brings people into your path for an undetermined amount of time. How will you interact with them? How will you influence them? Our job is to love on them as long as we can.

1 comment:

Chris S. said...

Not only love them but help them move closer to God's vision for their lives so when they do move on they will be effective for the Kingdom.